Flower Festival 2024
Interested in Helping at the Flower Festival?
Here is how you can participate.
- Flowers: Designing and making the arrangements which grace the sanctuary; making smaller table top arrangements for use during the tea service; making smaller arrangements for sale.
- Hosts: Welcome all of the guests, but most especially those who come to attend the tea. Make sure they feel welcomed and are taken to their table. Alert the server assigned to that table they have been seated.
- Servers: Ensure the attendees receive proper attention once seated. Serve their tea, make sure any special requests (vegetarian or decaf tea, for instance) are passed along to those preparing the plates to be served.
- Tea makers: What would an English tea be without tea and lots of it. J Sandwich makers: With 300 attendees each receiving 3 half sandwiches, over 450 sandwiches have to be made. Although some of the preparation can be done the day before the event, much of the work is accomplished right before or during the event.
- Plate makers: Sandwiches, fruit, cookies, scones, pastries all have to be plated during the event.
- And…table clearing, plate scraping, dish washing & drying, table cloth changing; etc. There is lots to do!
Contact Sarah DeZago (email@example.com) to sign up or for more information.