Our Commitment to ministry:
We desire above all to glorify Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and to do the ministry He has called us to do. In doing so we are committed to expand our ministry to reach the needs and support of our parish family and the surrounding community. We accomplish this through meaningful worship, youth ministry, growing together spiritually through sound doctrine and teaching, and a desire to share Christ with others.
We do this by incorporating the fivefold ministry into our ministry model. Our leadership responsibilities covers these areas of ministry. However, each one of these ministry headings is uniquely connected to the others. Evangelism introduces Christ. Through Christian formation, we grow in Christ. Through Pastoral Care, we support each other in the love of Christ. In outreach, we assist others in the support of Christ. All of these are reflected in our Worship of Christ.
When Jesus ascended into heaven, He left us with a mandate: Go and make disciples. That mandate is our call to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with others whenever the door of opportunity is open to us. We encourage one another to share the love of Christ with others, not only in our words, but also in our actions – in other words being a servant to others. We have several ministries that help us in doing just that. Not all these ministries run at the same time. Some are periodic and some are ongoing. But our actions are always with us.
- The Alpha Course – a basic study on the questions of life. Who is Jesus? Why did Jesus die? Why do we pray? Does God heal today? And more…
- Share Jesus Without Fear – a course on sharing our faith without fear of doing so.
- Faith Alive
- Bridging events – these are events that connect us to the community around us by servant assistance or inviting neighbors and others to special events.
- Family BBQ night, Fish Fry, etc.
- Prayer walks
- Package wrapping
- Annual Flower Festival
We believe it is important to grow in our faith. We strive to learn and grow by studying God’s Word and by supporting each other in our walk with Him. We provide several ministries to support our growth and our walk with Christ, including:
- Bible Studies
- Sunday school – Adult & children
- Purpose Driven Life
- Youth Group
- Wednesday Night Study
- Home Life Group
Just as our physical bodies need health and support, so does the body of Christ. We face a world that is fallen and we can sometimes find ourselves in need to care for one another.
Through the ministries of Pastoral Care, we are involved in the support, fellowship, and care of the congregational body. Including:
- Home Life Groups
- Prayer Groups and prayer chain
- Wellness programs
- Episcopal Church Women of Nativity
- Men of Nativity
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers – Home visits
We at Church of the Nativity believe in reaching out and helping others. There are many ways this can be done. One might think of only monetary support – and that is one way we do it. But there are many other “hands on” ways as well. We believe in volunteering to help other ministries within our community and beyond. The focus of Outreach ministries is the assistance to others through mission and ministries outside our parish. Including:
- World Vision – When this ministry was introduced from within our medium-sized congregation, 23 parishioners individually sponsored over 23 children from the village of San Nicolas in Nicaragua. That number has now grown to over 30. In addition, we as a parish also support some needs of the village itself and we send a ministry team every year to see the progress and visit the children.
- Throne of Grace – a ministry to men to help them get their feet back on the ground and get them working.
- Sarasota Medical Pregnancy Center – a ministry to support woman through their pregnancy and beyond. This is a ministry to show that there is an alternative to abortion.
- Benevolence – an in house ministry of assistance to those in need.
- Food Bank and Food Pantry – supporting and feeding those who are hungry.
- December – Christmas angel tree to support those less fortunate than ourselves.
- Operation Christmas Child – a ministry to put together and pack Christmas boxes that are distributed all over the world.
- Fire House Food – we decided recently to thank our firefighters and law enforcement personnel by providing a Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner to those who had to work on those day. We deliver a complete dinner to three firehouses in our surrounding area.
And…we are always looking for more opportunities has we are led by God’s Spirit.